Health insurance, chronic illnesses and incontinence material
People in a home care situation can claim all kinds of reimbursements. We’ll single out the three most important ones.
A fixed sum for health care of 95 euro each month for home care patients who require a lot of care.
- Prove the need for care with a certificate which says you have a right to a B- or C-fixed sum for home care nursing or score 15 points for decreased self-reliance (Federal government Social Security) or get an additional child allowance with at least 7 points on the scale of self-reliance (kids born until 1-1-1996) or 18 point on the medical-social scale (kids born after 1-1-1996).
- Those who don’t own one of the certificates mentioned above, can have the need for care be determined by a social worker of the CM.
The application happens through the health insurance.
Fixed sum chronically ill
Fixed sum of 253.61 euro, which will be paid by health insurance once a year.
- Being acknowledged as a chronically ill person due to long-term hospitalization, with serious self-sufficiency problems, in case you have a right to an E-rate for daily physiotherapy provision or to a B- or C-fixed sum for nursery provision.
- Patients fee of at least 450 euro (regularly insured) or 365 euro (insured with increased compensation) for 2 consecutive years.
The fixed sum is usually automatically paid in August. If you think you qualify, get in touch with the social service of your health insurance.
Fixed sum incontinence
Fixed sum of 416.72 euro, which is paid by health insurance once a year.
- In the last twelve months, have a right to the B- or C-fixed sum for home care for at least four months and score 3 or 4 points for incontinence.
- Not reside in a care institution for which you receive a compensation from your health insurance on the last day.
The fixed sum is usually paid automatically. The application is done through the home caregiver. If this person doesn’t come to your house, you can get in touch with the social work office.
Translation: Sara De Roy