Can we help the ALS League?
Even with small amounts. Sometimes it’s only a drop on a hot furnace. But, many drops make a puddle.
Dear Friends, the tax deduction in these difficult times will go from 45% to 60% for donations from € 40 in 2020.
If you make a donation of 40 euros in 2020, this donation will now only cost you 16 euros, while you still had to pay 22 euros last year. This means that it is better to give 40 euros than 20 euros, because giving 20 euros costs you 20 euros, since you will not receive a tax certificate for it.
A gift of 40 euros is therefore an interesting option. It costs you less and for the ALS League it makes a big difference. In today's uncertain times, your help is needed more than ever.
It has also been decided to increase the share of net income eligible for the tax credit for donations from 10 to 20%. Here too you can support the ALS League with a larger donation without increasing your personal tax contribution.
The ALS League has also been affected by the Corona virus
One of the tangible consequences of the Coronavirus for the ALS League is that donations to our non-profit organization have decreased by no less than 90% since April. In addition, De Warmste Week is not raising money for A cure for ALS this year.
One bright spot is that you will receive a 60% tax reduction for donations this year. If you gave 100 euros to charity last year, you can donate 137.50 euros this year, without it costing 1 cent more!
Help the ALS League! Deposit today.
The ALS League Belgium is being stimulated, motivated and managed by people who are close to the ALS issue. Moreover our accounting is transparent. Your donation will be used in the way you indicate it.
We work professionally with the enthusiasm of the amateur. All employees, whether they volunteer or don’t, are ridden with one idea: to help our dearest brother, sister, husband, wife, friend, father or mother with all our healthy force and energy.
But that’s why we need YOUR help as well, small or big. To us every help is of PRICELESS value.
U can deposit your donation here:
ALS Liga België vzw
We’d also like to use this occasion to thank everyone again for the many small and large gifts we were able to receive the last few years. These donations are being deployed to accomplish the goals of the ALS League:
1. Short Term
- To inform about ALS by means of brochures, a news letter, a contact weekend and a website
- Tools and their maintenance (ALS Mobility en Digitalk), see also “Projects and Services”
- Research to the origin and treatment of ALS in Belgium. Among other things we offer support by providing appliances or models to make this research possible. Be wary we only deposit the donations with the mention "A cure for ALS" in the ALS research fund that’s being invested in Belgian researchers.
2. Long term
- A good support in home caring and home relief for all ALS patients, because for many patients it’s essential to stay in their familiar home environment in the last phase of their life. We’d also like to pay the necessary attention to the role of the caregiver. We’d like to start a network of volunteers to support them.
- For those home support isn’t possible, we’d like to erect a specialized care center with specialized staff and support.
Again a warm thank you for your support!
Furthermore, every deposit from € 40 over a whole year grants you a fiscal certificate. For every donation you’ll also receive a personally addressed thank you letter.
The ALS board
Memories make us who we are
They are a celebration of life and tell our stories
Maybe a loved one died of ALS, or maybe you gave care to someone with that disease and a donation can be a meaningful way to remember and commemorate this person with respect.
Here are some tips to commemorate your loved one with respect.
1. Donate on the birthday of your passed away loved one or donate on a regular basis by bank.
2. Organize an ‘in memoriam ceremony’ and invite your family and friends to a brunch, coffee and cake, or possibly a small party where you celebrate your passed away loved one one more time, and ask the invitees if they’d like to donate to the ALS League or one of her funds instead of bringing a gift.
3. Ask your family and friends to donate to the ALS League on your birthday instead of giving you a present.
However you’d make that donation, and how small or large that donation may be, you can be assured it’ll be received gratefully and will be used meaningfully for one of our projects you chose yourself.
Every donation from € 40 over the course of a year grants you a fiscal certificate. For every donation you also get a personalized thank you letter.
You can give the ALS Association Belgium vzw certainty by depositing a monthly fixed amount. However small the amount, your long-term engagement will allow us to continue to support people suffering from ALS by means of tools, care support …
Let us briefly list the reasons why we deserve your permanent support:
- Certainty to guarantee our services on the long-term because your support helps people with ALS. You give them the opportunity for a better quality of life. Opportunities that they would not otherwise get
- All deposits are added and when a total amount of at least 40€ is reached, on a yearly basis, you will receive a tax certificate, so you pay less taxes.
- You only have to go to your bank once by downloading the form on this page, completing the term and the amount of your deposit and handing it over to your bank. The bank automatically processes your deposits and in addition you can stop the deposits at any moment in time by giving your bank a call.
- You feel more involved, because you can closely monitor the working of the association. We will send you an overview of your deposits every 3 months and will inform you about what you have supported.
To print and complete the order form, right click on the file below and then click “save target as…”